OldComp.cz

Komunitní diskuzní fórum pro fanoušky historických počítačů

Právě je 28.03.2024, 20:26

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]

Autor Zpráva
PříspěvekNapsal: 08.08.2016, 23:20 
Prvnička

The biggest russian demoparty Chaos Constructions will take place 27-28 august at Saint Petersburg, a big part of which will be dedicated to our beloved ZX Spectrum. There will be not only the home-made full scale competitions, but also some really curios contests - ZX Spectrum Realtime Graphics and ZX Spectrum Realtime Music.
I would like to invite everybody to try and participate in this rather unusual competition.

Obrázek

What are the rules of Realtime compo?

Just before the start of the contest, a theme will be announced. I will do my best to copy it here into the comments, so nobody would have missed it. Time of work completion is 2.5 hours, so the competition won’t take too much time from you. Compo start 27 august 2016 at 13:30 MSK (10:30 AM UTC), so at that very moment a theme will be announced.

Graphic compo entries should be original, which means that copying other authors to ZX Spectrum is not allowed. Using conversion and internet materials is not allowed as well. Please also submit 3-4 work-in-progress screenshots, so the entry will not disqualified into Out of Compo in case of doubts.

Music compo entries should also be original, any works for AY/YM or 6 Channel Turbo Sound (2xAY) are accepted. A tune should be compiled to be used from address #c000, maximum playing time is 3 minutes, which should be really enough, considering the fact that yet they have to be composed in less than 3 hours. Channels layout will be ABC.

There is one more realtime competition most relevant to ZX Spectrum - it’s a Realtime 53 Colors Attribute Graphics compo. This is the easiest and quicket way to participate.You can draw the image directly in browser, and a usual ZX48 .tap file will be generated and submitted automatically.

You can read more details about competition rules on official website of this computer art festival.

Why should I participate?
Realtime graphics and music are somehow different from usual GFX/Music contests.
  1. First of all, realtime is a lot, lot of fun. It’s a passion and excitement.
  2. You don’t have to be a serious professional to gain a nice result
  3. A good idea can easily beat good technics in this compo.
  4. All entries will be demonstrated to festival visitors on a large screen, a lot of spectrum fans will see them, using online translation as well.
  5. After the end of the demoparty the submitted entries will not disappear in vain, but will be posted to ZX-Art and all major ZX Spectrum web resources.
  6. Participating will take only pair of hours, but emotional payoff will be colossal.
  7. Realtime compos teach the skill of quick and effective working, which is indispensable for hobby projects.

What do I need to do to participate?

1. Please register at the website of festival. Registering in the last minute before deadline is usually a bad idea :)
  2. Ensure that you software is installed and ready to use (no matter native ZX or PC emulators)
  3. Come here 27.08 at 13:30 MSK (10:30 AM UTC) to get a competition theme. It will be surely also posted on official website.
  4. Get some real fun in process of drawing/composing and keep track of time.
  5. In 5 minutes before the deadline submit your entry to official website. Deadline is at 16:00 MSK (1:00 PM UTC)
  6. Relax and take a look at online translation. The results will be posted on official website 28.08 after the voting on party place.

Some realtime entries of past years
Music:
http://converter.dev.artweb.ee/music/54101_Scalesmann_Moon_Flight.mp3
http://converter.dev.artweb.ee/music/54102_wormsbiysk_overdozing.mp3
http://converter.dev.artweb.ee/music/61479_Scalesmann_nonamed_spb.mp3

Graphics:
ObrázekObrázekObrázekObrázekObrázekObrázekObrázek

53 colors (from other parties):
ObrázekObrázekObrázek

So, I invite everybody, who has a pair of hours of spare time on saturday 27.08, to join and participate. You don’t have to be professional to get a lot of fun from participation, we will be really glad to see everyone.
Me and Vassa will be taking a part in competition directly from a party place, using laptop and tablet. I will be glad to answer any questions, help to register and run the required software.

PříspěvekNapsal: 23.08.2016, 21:21 
Prvnička

I would like to remind once again, that realtime competitions will start on this saturday at 10:30 AM UTC (13:30 MSK). I will do everything possible to post all compo themes here, apart from announcement on official website.
Just for any case, I would like to mention that this year it is obligatory to send 2-3 stage screenshots for graphics, that work should be original, not copy or overdraw, and it shouldn’t use even parts of other authors works.
It seems like this year there will be many participants - I hope that it will be true :) Once again, if you feel that realtime music or graphics seem to be too complicated, you can always try your skills in 53c compo.
Good luck everybody! I wish you to get as much fun from participation as possible.

PříspěvekNapsal: 27.08.2016, 12:45 
Prvnička

All compos theme is "Deep sleep"

PříspěvekNapsal: 27.08.2016, 15:24 
Prvnička

Sorry for an inconvenience, 53c compo start only now and will have a different compo theme. 53colors theme is "Robots will survive, and we won't".
Deadline for 53c is in 1:40 hours, 18:00 MSK (15:00 UTC).

You can draw it online in http://events.retroscene.org/53c, submission button is there as well.

PříspěvekNapsal: 08.09.2016, 22:48 
Prvnička

Main graphics compo

Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek
Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek
Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek
Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek
Obrázek

Party-related works

Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek
Obrázek Obrázek

Realtime graphics